Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Q&A What do to about postpartum tearing

HI Karen.
I have a practice member who has had unhealed post partum tearing.  The baby is 7 months old now.  Her MD wants to give her a Femring implant.  She doesn't want it.  He says its either nerve damage or low estrogen.  Any thots?
Love Jeb


Hi Jeb,

Good to hear from you.  Wow, poor lady with 7 months of agony. 

I have no idea as to the extent of her tearing so I am going to tell you what I usually recommend for "normal" post partum healing. 

I would recommend evening primrose oil taken orally.  If she has low estrogen (I'm guessing she's nursing, hence the low estrogen) the evening primrose oil gives her GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid) which is a precursor to hormones.  If her body needs it, her body can convert to GLA to whatever hormone that is lacking.  It's sooooooooooo much safer than hormone therapy.

I would also recommend vitamin e oil applied externally.  It speeds healing and reduces scar tissue.  The homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana taken orally is almost miraculous in it's ability to aid the healing process. 

Sitz baths and external application of certain (diluted) essential oils may also prove effective. Frankincense and Helichrysum come to mind. I have a class on essential oils that may prove helpful as well as a class on herbs and homeopathy that goes into much more detail.  If you follow the links to these classes from this blog, you will save 10% on tuition. 

I hope this gives you some idea as natural alternatives.  Let me know if this helps.  

Until next time........

Love & Gratitude

Dr. Karen Gardner



Want to build, grow and perfect your Pregnancy Practice? Let's get on a call to discuss your strategy. The first call is on me! Schedule now



Dr. Karen, just wanted to say wow...I've learned so much and I'm only into the 2nd module. This is the stuff we need to know in everyday practice! I could listen to you all day long!        ~ Dr. Katie Gelesko Stull


No comments:

Post a Comment