Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Q&A Preterm Labor

Hey Dr. Karen,

I have a patient that is just 29 weeks along and is in premature labor.  She is 2 cm, 50% and her cervix is ripe.  Do you know of any tricks, herbs or homeopathics that can stop her labor.  She is taking Black Haw and that has lessened the contractions a lot, but not stopped them.

I appreciate your help.  Thanks!
Dr. Jenn


Hi Dr. Jenn,

It is VERY common for pre-term labor in the summer months because of how easy it is to get dehydrated.  Make sure mom is drinking TONS (I really means TONS) of water.  Black haw is a good herb, so is cramp bark.  Maybe you recommend that she could try that one as well.

As far a homeopathy goes, arnica montana is the first that comes to mind then Belladonna.  I highly recommend that she clears these recommendations with her primary birth practitioner, though. Don't forget, you can get a TON more information in my class on Herbs and Homeopathy. The previous link will save you 10% on tuition should you decide to join up. 

Mom MUST stay off of her feet, too.  Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.  Thanks for trusting me with your valuable practice member.  I consider it an honor. 
Love & Gratitude

Dr. Karen Gardner




Want to build, grow and perfect your Pregnancy Practice? Let's get on a call to discuss your strategy. The first call is on me! Schedule now


Dr. Karen, just wanted to say wow...I've learned so much and I'm only into the 2nd module. This is the stuff we need to know in everyday practice! I could listen to you all day long!        ~ Dr. Katie Gelesko Stull



No comments:

Post a Comment