Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Q&A Can a patient have bilateral superior pubic bones?

Hi Dr. Karen,

I have a patient just 37 weeks now.  I've been adjusting her about every 2 weeks during the pregnancy and now they determined the fetus is in the breech position. 
Followed your procedure for 3 visits this week, has not turned yet put mom says the fetus feels like its more transverse now. (ultrasound was neg. for cord or placenta problems).  On exam today, the right pub checked superior and the left pub is tender.  Could she have a bilateral superior pub?

Yours in Health,

John  B.  II, DC

Hi Doc,

Thanks for writing.  Yes it can be possible for bilateral superior pubes, not too common, but not impossible either.  I would adjust the right one you are finding.  Then go back and check the left.  There could be residual tenderness because the round ligament is also taught so check there as well. 

I would also check C2 and coccyx.  These are major players in a transverse presentation.  Don't forget to check for TMJ dysfunction and Frontal Bone involvement. The frontal and pubic bones mirror image one another. 
I hope this helped.  Good Luck and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Until next time....
Love & Gratitude

Dr. Karen Gardner




Want to build, grow and perfect your Pregnancy Practice? Let's get on a call to discuss your strategy. The first call is on me! Schedule now


Dr. Karen, just wanted to say wow...I've learned so much and I'm only into the 2nd module. This is the stuff we need to know in everyday practice! I could listen to you all day long!        ~ Dr. Katie Gelesko Stull

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I always check the pubic bone on pregnant patients, but never considered that both sides could be superior.

    ReplyDelete