Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Q&A Testing pubic bone superiority while supine and prone

Hi Dr.Karen,

Well today I hope?

Question: On testing for pubic bone superiority, will the supine test ever be positive, but the prone test negative, and visa versa? If so, what does that indicate? Is it still pubic bone superiority, or just a faulty test? In other words, do both the supine and the prone test have to be (+) for there to in fact be pubic bone superiority? There! I've said it and I won't take it back.

In Love and Health,
Dr. Mark


My guess is that if you have a positive in the prone and a negative in the supine...it may not be pubic involvement alone.  SInce mom is compressing the posterior elements of the pelvis while supine, I would check the sacrum and the SI joints, adjust them accordingly and then re-test pubic bone. 

Be careful, though...mom is not going to like you a whole lot if she has to keep turning over :)

Keep up the GREAT work doc.  You ROCK!!!
Love & Gratitude

Dr. Karen Gardner



www.pregchiro.com

Want to build, grow and perfect your Pregnancy Practice? Let's get on a call to discuss your strategy. The first call is on me! Schedule now


Dr. Karen, just wanted to say wow...I've learned so much and I'm only into the 2nd module. This is the stuff we need to know in everyday practice! I could listen to you all day long!        ~ Dr. Katie Gelesko Stull


No comments:

Post a Comment