Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Top 5 Reasons (Part 4) you aren't building your pregnancy practice

Since creating the Premier Pregnancy Practice
in early 2018, I have spoken to hundreds of chiropractors world wide and I've learned a lot about pregnancy practices all over the planet.

Here's what I discovered so far. Almost ALL of the doctors struggling in their pregnancy practices are struggling for the SAME five reasons and ALL of these reasons are a bunch of hooey!

The first "reason" is that many doctors believe that the midwives in their town ALREADY have a pregnancy care chiropractor to refer patients.

The Second "reason" I hear a lot is .... "I don't know any midwives"

The Third "reason" I will discuss is.... OB's don't refer to chiropractors

The Fourth "reason" is .....I don't have to do much because I'm certified in this or that and I'm on a list...."

Here's why THAT "reason"is a bunch of hooey

  • Many certifications don't mean a lot to pregnant women or their caregivers. THEY are not educated as to what that means. So, it does nothing for your practice.
  • I hear from docs all of the time that they thought they'd get A or B from certification, but left the seminars they attended with nothing to show for it - no real changes in strategy or clinical skill and surely no more confidence than before.
  • I know that's not true for everyone. No commentary necessary
  • I also know that is IS true for a lot of the doctors I spoke to.
  • Having a certification is great. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't help you when you are on a list with dozens of other doctors in your town who are also certified.
  • Being one of many, does not grow your practice
  • Having clinical excellence, experience, and confidence will make you stand out - whether or not you're certified in a technique.

See? A bunch of HOOEY!

Have a great day!

Want more help? Let's chat. Set up a free strategy session (in your time zone) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment